Saturday, February 28, 2009

Warrant for my arrest?????

My mom calls me yesterday and says, "Doniell, you got a letter from the court..." well of course I have no idea what it's about so I'm like "eh ok whatever. I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything." So I get home, open the letter, and the first word I read is "delinquent." What the crap!!!??? As I read on further it says something about a warrant for arrest being released. So I call E. and tell her what I've just read. Now SHE'S all confused too. I have never been so puzzled in my life.

I hurry and call the Layton County Clerk's Office to find out what exactly is going on, and she tells me that I got a ticket on December 29 at some place in Layton in my Crown Vic. Well first of all, I sold Otis on the 19th of December, so it wasn't me. Second of all, I don't even know where that place in Layton is. Finally I realize what happened. The guy I sold the car to, my ex boss from OMX, didn't register the car. So he gets the ticket and lays it on me. Doesn't tell me. Doesn't pay it. Nothing. Well I figured I'd just call him and see what was going on. Guess what. The number is disconnected! Great.

I guess all I have to do is have proof that I sold the car, and I thought I did until I couldn't find the 2 copies of the title and bill of sale that I made. So on monday i'm going to the DMV to get some proof that it isn't mine.

Yeah. Pretty frustrating afternoon. Funny. But frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment